FIRST SPIRITUAL TEMPLE
Founded in 1883
What Mediumship Is
- Presenting information, verifiable or otherwise.
- Causing so-called paranormal activities to occur.
- Channeling forth certain types of energies.
- Manifesting themselves for objective examination and/or identification.
From this definition, we see the following:
- Mediumship involves a cooperating effort between a person on the Earth plane (the medium or channel) and a person in Spirit (the communicator).
- There are several objectives behind the manifestation of mediumship.
- To present information, which may or may not be verifiable.
- To cause certain types of paranormal activities to occur.
- To channel forth certain types of energies.
- To manifest themselves materially.
- An Earth-plane channel or medium
- A spirit communicator or operator.
If you look at what has been said, thus far, concerning mediumship, you will see that two distinct types of phenomena can occur through mediums:
- Manipulation of energies and energy systems.
Thus, mediumship can be distinguished as two basic types:
- Mental Mediumship
- Physical Mediumship
In a demonstration of mental mediumship, it is the medium who hears, sees, and feels what the Spirit communicators are relating. Furthermore, it is the medium’s function to relate the information, with minimum personal influence and prejudice, to the recipient of the message, also known as the sitter. The medium receives this information under various states of control.
Physical mediumship involves the manipulation and transformation of physical systems and energies. The Spirit operators, in this case, are causing something to happen upon the Earth plane. What it is that actually happens varies with the style of mediumship involved, but the results can be seen and heard by others.
First Spiritual Temple
55 Main St., Route 28
West Harwich MA 02671-1114
56 John Ewer Rd.
Sandwich MA 02563-2605
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Church.
The Rev. Stephen Fulton Scholarship Fund
Dedicated to assisting those in need of financial aid LEARN MORE