FIRST SPIRITUAL TEMPLE
Founded in 1883
Our Articles of Faith and Guiding Principles
Our Articles of Faith:
- We believe in one God and Father/Mother of us all, Who is Spirit.
- We believe that we are all created in God’s image, as Spirit.
- We believe that, together, we must actively seek a greater understanding of ourselves and God, as Spirit, in our daily lives. This becomes our gift to God.
- We believe in communication with God’s Kingdom of Spirit, wherein dwell our guardians, loved ones, and sources of inspiration; furthermore, we believe that such communication is sanctioned and edified in Scripture.
- We believe in the ministry, teachings, and person of Jesus of Nazareth, as the incarnation of the Great Christ Spirit, and we endeavor to follow his example.
- We believe, as proclaimed in Scripture, that Jesus was crucified and died in the flesh and resurrected in the Spirit (1 Peter 3:18), thus fulfilling the reality of God’s Promise that we are Spirit and shall never die.
- We accept the Holy Bible and other Scriptures as vital recordings of Humanity’s experience with and search for God.
- We believe in prayer and the healing power of God’s Spirit.
- We believe in the separation of Church and State; religion and politics.
- We believe that we are accountable to God and to each other. We embrace personal responsibility for our actions, words, and thoughts.
- We believe that no House of Worship and Prayer should exclude anyone from entering its doors and/or joining its community.
In addition to these Articles of Faith, we accept and fully embrace the following:
- The Holy Spirit is God’s Spirit alive in the world and in the affairs of men and women.
- The ancient prophets and Jesus Christ came to earth to share the Divine Word and Spirit of God into the hearts and Souls of Humanity.
- We accept Reincarnation and the Great Law of Karma: A Cosmic Law of consequence and balance; not one of punishment.
- Mediumship is a viable means of bridging two seemingly separate worlds of Spirit together, into one kingdom; God’s Universal Kingdom. Mediumship must be maintained with utmost respect and dignity.
- Death is the passing of the Soul through a doorway and into another dimension of life. Ultimately, there is no death, save one: The turning away of the Soul from God. Yet, even here, grace, salvation, and rebirth are afforded.
- We honor the sanctity of the Human Spirit and the divine right of the individual to make choices. In this, we are each responsible and accountable – to ourselves, to God, and to each other – for the choices which we make.
- We honor Natural Law and embrace our responsibilities to members of all Kingdoms: Mineral; Plant, Animal, Human; and Spiritual.
- The greatest expressions of Divinity within the Human Soul are LOVE and FORGIVENESS. One cannot exist without the other!
First Spiritual Temple
55 Main St., Route 28
West Harwich MA 02671-1114
56 John Ewer Rd.
Sandwich MA 02563-2605
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to our Temple.